Terms and Conditions of Trade
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the terms and conditions of this agreement shall apply to any order placed by the Client.
In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and those passing between the parties these terms shall prevail.
No variation of the terms and conditions shall be allowed unless expressly accepted in writing.
Delivery and Payment
- Whilst every endeavour will be made to meet any stated completion date, Proteus Print cannot be held responsible for any deadline missed due to circumstances beyond our control. This will include but is not limited to late deliveries caused by any third party carrier.
- Proteus Print use a variety of delivery methods according to the specification of the job. If you have any special delivery requirements please ensure you ask us for a custom quote.
- Monthly credit terms will only be extended to clients that have officially opened a payment account with us and have subsequently been notified of an approved credit limit. All other orders will require full prepayment before the commencement of any work.
- All goods supplied by Proteus Print shall remain the property of Proteus Print until paid for in full.
- Failure to make payment by the due date could incur additional administration costs which could be added to the outstanding balance.
- Please inspect all goods carefully upon delivery. In order for us to deal with any problem in an appropriate manner, any query or claim regarding the goods supplied must be made to in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Damaged goods must remain at the place of initial delivery and any claim supported with photographic evidence of any damage, including packaging in order for us to lodge a claim, on your behalf, against the carrier. The accompanying paper work that the driver gets signed must be marked ‘damaged on arrival’.
- Claims for missing or part-missing goods must be made within two days of the expected delivery date by emailing email@example.com
- File copies and digital artwork are kept for seven working days after delivery so once this time has expired, we are unable to consider claims regarding quality issues. Please ensure the goods are inspected on arrival and notify us immediately of any problems by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event of a complaint over quality, requiring a reprint or refund our policy is:
1) we will only reprint or refund against goods which can be returned.
2) Wherever possible we will reprint as opposed to refund.
3) If the material is time-sensitive and therefore the client feels they do not have time for a reprint and still need to use the job; even if it is not perfect, the job is deemed commercially acceptable and our maximum refund in this instance is 25% of the original cost.
4) We will only reprint using the same files. Jobs requiring changes to artwork files will be subject to additional costs.
Quotations provided by Proteus Print, either through this website or emailed directly, are guaranteed for one week and subject to sight of the job.
We reserve the right to amend prices and/or delivery dates, or in extreme circumstances reject any job we feel cannot be completed within the times allowed or may otherwise present production issues.
Prices displayed on this website are subject to automated online orders only (orders placed over the phone/email are not guaranteed to match this sites’ pricing and will incur extra admin costs)
a) Whilst we make every effort to find and correct common artwork issues which could cause print problems, this is part of an automated pre-press process and should not be considered a replacement for thoroughly checking artwork files yourself prior to submitting them.
Proteus Print will not take responsibility for not finding issues on incorrectly prepared files.
b) Where requested, Proteus Print will supply a digital or hard copy proof for checking by the client. We will not be held responsible for any errors not corrected by the client at this stage. Delays in approving proof copies may lead to delayed delivery times as production is put on hold until the job is approved.
c) Proteus Print do not generally undertake artwork changes or amendments. Any such changes must be completed by yourself and the file resubmitted accordingly.
d) Unless otherwise specifically stated in writing, Proteus Print will dispose of our file copies, proofs and digital files five working days after delivery.
After this time, it is considered the job has been checked and is satisfactory so we are unable to entertain claims or concerns regarding quality.
e) All prices are quoted and deadlines stated subject to sight of artwork. Once we have seen your artwork we reserve the right to make suggestions to aid production and improve quality which may cost extra and/or alter deadlines. We are happy to check your artwork in advance and make any recommendations prior to placing your order.
a) Every endeavour will be made to deliver at least the correct quantity ordered but due to the nature of the various mechanical processes involved, we will only agree to reprint any job on the very rare occasion where any shortage exceeds 10% of the original order. We will of course credit or refund shortages of less than 10%.
b) Due to occasional supply chain problems, Proteus Print reserves the right to change stated papers and substrates to others of equal quality if or when necessary.
c) Proteus Print go to great lengths to ensure the colours we print are as specified in the artwork file and every effort will be made to make the best possible colour reproduction on your work. However, due to the technicalities of the various processes and materials involved Proteus Print do not guarantee to exactly match any colour or texture to any previously printed job, hard copy or digital proof.
d) Occasionally, technical issues could mean that website prices do not calculate correctly. If we notice that an order is placed which should be at a different price, we will of course notify you but reserve the right to charge the correct price, or if preferred by you, cancel the order.
By placing an order, you are entering into a contract. Proteus Print reserves the right to cancel the contract at our discretion should circumstances dictate.
You may cancel the Contract at any time but will be liable to pay for any expenses incurred by Proteus Print in attempting to fulfil your order.
a) Proteus Print shall be indemnified by you in respect of any claims arising out of any libelous matter or any infringement of copyright, data protection laws, patent design or any other proprietary or personal rights contained in any material you supply and that we print on your behalf.
b) We only undertake jobs on the understanding that our maximum liability for any claim in any event will be limited to the value of the work we do and not for any consequential loss.
c) These terms and conditions shall be governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of England.